UPDATED: Tuesday, April 11, 4:34 PM
Careers At Taft
At Taft Furniture we believe that each employee contributes to the company's growth and success. We believe our success depends on the effective use of your talents and ambitions. If you would like to fulfill your potential and ambitions, while making a difference for our customers, please explore our Career Opportunities below.
Taft Furniture and Sleep Center is recruiting for a Full Time Warehouse Manager. Primary responsibilities include the management of warehouse employees and the process involved that moves material throughout the warehouse in accordance with quality, productivity and safety guidelines.
Essential Functions Include:
· Manage the receiving of incoming shipments of merchandise by unloading of materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand or forklift from trailers and trucks. Convey materials to or from storage or work sites to designated areas using hand truck and power devices. Verify receipts against delivery manifest and/or purchase order. Maintain the use of receiving forms and maintenance of records.
· Train staff and ensure proper use of operating bar code scanning equipment in an automatic receiving system environment.
· Manage the stocking of merchandise in proper locations.Train all employees on the operation of various types of manual and powered hand truck to move merchandise.
· Manage the pulling and prepping of customer orders.
· Manage the inspection and packing of products with the use of shrink-wrap, corner pieces, etc.
· Perform all duties related to managing warehouse staff.
· A minimum of 2-4 years warehouse management experience required.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Must have strong leadership ability.
· Must be experienced with the operation of powered lift equipment and electronic scanning equipment.
· Physical demands include the ability to life/carry, push/pull up to 100 pounds.
Taft Furniture offers a generous benefit package. Salary depends on experience.
Taft Furniture and Sleep Center is seeking a part time Warehouse Cleaner. This position is responsible to keep the warehouse in clean and orderly condition. Essential functions include:
· Service, clean and supply restrooms.
· Gather and empty trash.
· Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them.
· Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
· Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
· Assist with maintenance of outdoors, if needed.
This is a part time position offering approximately 18-25 hours/week. Preferred hours are 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., 3 days/week.
Front Counter Associate - Albany
Taft Furniture has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Part Time Front Counter Associate in our Albany, NY store.
This is a part time position which involves weekends and evening hours. Flexibility in schedule is necessary.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES CAN SUBMIT THEIR RESUME TO EMPLOYMENT@TAFTFURNITURE.COM OR VISIT EITHER STORE LOCATION TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION.
Taft Furniture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Thank you for your interest in Taft Furniture.
Taft Furniture and Sleep Center is recruiting for a Full Time Delivery Driver. This position is primarily responsible for the driving of company vehicles and delivering products to customers' homes. You must project a neat, courteous and professional manner to all customers at all times.
Requirements include the ability to lift up to 100 lbs., perform basic mathematical functions and you must have a clean and valid NYS Driver's License.
A minimum of two (2) years delivery experience is required. This position works varied hours, primarily Monday-Saturday, with some flexibility expected.
This position has a high earning potential of approximately $15-$21/hour. Salary is based on a daily rate and a percentage of delivered merchandise.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or feel free to stop into our store to complete an application.